There are three reasons for that:
- This company is located in Belgium which has 3 official languages (Dutch, French and German) but a lot of business is going on in Brussels where the main business language is English
- This is not just a presentation site, it is also a blog with lots of articles. Having to translate each and every article is counterproductive and could lead to translation mistakes
- As latin at first and then some english have been considered the language of medecine, I have always considered english the IT language of choice. If you think about it in almost every programming language, we use "if", not "si" or "als".
So, as this is an IT website, English was the language that came to mind.
Well, it all depends on what you need. Before ordering a website make sure you know exactly what you want.
- Do you have a name / logo / design ?
- What is the main subject of your website?
- What features do you need? Do you know how they should work?
If you answered "yes" to these questions, we can give you a precise quotation on how much your site will cost.
If not, we can help you answer them but we can't give you a price until we have answered all of them.
The blog has 3 main goals:
- Taking beginers through series of tutorials aiming at building applications. For now it's mainly Djano but there will be more featuring CakePHP and Symfony. While starting with basics those series will confront the readers with real-life scenarios and ways to solve them.
- Even though the complete series are aimed at beginers, some tutorial sub-series will talk about concrete non-trivial situations, situations for which it is hard to find complete documentation. Those sub-series are also aimed at experienced developers
- And last but not least: having a place to share my two cents worths
We do, although we usually provide hosting solutions for the projects we have initiated. Feel free to request a quotation if you'd like to.
We mainly do Django hosting and VPS configuration / management.
For all our domain name, email and php hosting we work in collaboration with P4X Sprl.
Even though writing tests will slow down the start of a project, it will help catching a lot more bugs before releasing it, hence saving money on bug-fixing.
Also, later, when updating the project with new feature, it's common to break existing features. Having full-scale tests written in advance will help you notice that and save you from releasing a version of your project which would break existing features.
This website is based on Django and uses addons and the frontend is based on Bootstrap. It was built on a Linux computer (built from components bought at Lybrafox), it is running on a Debian server hosted at P4x, The Gimp and Inkscape were used to create the graphics, Compass was used to theme bootstrap but here is a complete list:
And I probably forgot many!
We do host public projects but we also host private ones.
Having the infrastructure setup for private projects, we prefer to use it as well for public ones for the same reasons.